How we Reduced Cost Per Lead by 50% and achieved a ROAS of 800% for a Home Improvements Business
Our client is one of the UK’s largest glass and glazing companies with over 30 years of experience in the industry.
Like many businesses, they were hit hard by Lockdown. In this case study, we will show you how we switched to an incentive-based model to support our client through some tough times, whilst helping them to decrease cost per enquiry by 50% and achieve an amazing ROAS of 800%!
- The client was only converting 1 in 5 leads with an average order value of £1,000.
- Lockdown meant that they were unable to visit customer homes to carry out surveys and installations.
Ambitious Targets Exceeded
- Targets were met and exceeded within the first 2 months of the new strategies being implemented.
- A 50% drop in cost per lead was achieved, giving the client a bigger margin on each sale.
Reduction in Spend but More Leads
- Employing our new strategies the client achieved the same number of leads as they had done in the past, but for half the spend.
- In order to help the client through the challenges of Lockdown, we agreed to an incentive-based management fee, to reduce the burden during leaner months.
Visualising the Results
Spend has decreased by 48% compared to the same period last year, whereas conversions have increased by 28%. (The Cost Per Conversion has decreased by 58%)
- New Clean and Modern Looking Website
The client’s website was dated and the conversion rate was below average. Our in-house team designed and developed a sleek and modern site, based on feedback from our marketing team.
- Testing & Experimentation
We implemented the latest multi-step forms which improved conversion rates on the landing pages and helped to pre-qualify leads.
- CRM System
Working with the client’s sales team, we introduced Monster Forms, a Push CRM product to help to improve lead quality.
- Data Analysis and Interrogation
Our expert data analysis team analysed the client’s sales data and set an ambitious cost per lead target of nearly 50% lower than previous results.
- Omni-Channel Approach
We took the decision to reduce our Google Ads budget and instead introduced Facebook Ad campaigns, which lead to 100% more leads from the platform.
At Push, we like to think of ourselves as our client’s in-house marketing team, so when times are hard for them, we like to do our bit. In this case, we switched our traditional fee model to an incentive-based approach. This meant that during leaner months, their fee would be less.
Working closely with the client, we worked fast to introduce a number of inventive strategies to help them achieve the same number of leads but for half of the cost.
In addition to upgrading its website, we introduced a CRM system to improve and streamline its processes.
If you’ve liked what you’ve read and would appreciate our help, please get in touch today.
Like a lot of businesses when the Pandemic hit in March 2020, the client was left with no option but to shut their business for four months.
As the account manager, I wanted to do more to help and discussed with the client about setting very ambitious targets to aid recovery.
Despite extra work, I really just wanted to see the guys succeed and was very happy when we reached and exceeded the new targets! The client has just had their busiest ever February!